BBF is committed to ensuring appropriate privacy standards are maintained to protect the information you provide when you access and use our website.
The policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations and requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy will:
- Respect your privacy and confidentiality
- Only record your personal details in the manner and for the purposes you authorise
- Endeavour to keep your personal details secure from unauthorised access, use or disclosure; and
- Not sell, rent, trade or otherwise knowingly share or provide your personal information to any third party without your consent except insofar as it is legally obliged to do so or is required to do in order to deliver our services to you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you register on our site or fill out a form. If you place an order with us, we will require personal information from you to be able to process the order, which may include your name, delivery address, email address, contact number, credit/debit card details, billing and delivery addresses, your age, occupation and style interests.
We may also collect the following data from you:
- Information provided at the time of registering or subscribing to any service which we provide.
- We may ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of the correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our website and fulfilment of your orders
- Details of your visits to our website which may include traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise.
By using the BBF website, you agree to place cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future. If you want to deny the use and saving of cookies on your computer’s hard drive, you should take necessary steps within your web browsers security settings to erase or block all cookies from bikefactory.com.au and its external serving vendors.
HOW WILL WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
The information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
- To personalize your experience and ensure that the information on bikefactory.com.au is presented to you in the best way possible.
- To improve our website – we continuously aim to improve our website by the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve our customer service – the information received from you helps us to more effectively respond to your support needs and customer service requests.
- To send periodic emails – the email address you provide us to process orders may be used to send you information and updates.
- To update you with our latest offers, products, news and promotions.
We do not sell information to third party companies, nor do we engage in the practice of “spamming”. Promotional material will only be sent to you with your consent (i.e. if you have opted in to receive such information).
HOW DO WE PROTECT THE INFORMATION WE RECEIVE FROM YOU?
The security of your information is important to us. We employ several security measures to ensure your information is protected:
- Access to your data is password protected and sensitive data (such as credit or debit card information) is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the BBF service.
- We monitor our systems on a regular basis to minimize the threat of any attacks, as well as testing our systems regularly to identify possible improvements.
While we exercise appropriate care in relation to the security of your information, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. We do not warrant the security of any information transmitted to us over the internet and you do so at your own risk.
HOW CAN YOU HELP PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
Create a strong password that includes a combination of letters, numbers and symbols in both uppercase and lowercase.
HOW DO WE SHARE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
We do not sell, trade or transfer your personal information.
We work with a number of third parties (service providers) who assist us in operating the website, conducting our business and serving you. Each of these service providers has been selected by us for their ability to provide the particular services needed, including their ability to handle sensitive information including your personal information.
If requested, we will share your information to comply with any formal legal requests.
On occasion, we may include links to external websites or offer third party products or services on our website and through email communication. These third-party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We are not responsible for the conduct of any third parties linked to or from our websites. Third-party links accessible from this site are not an endorsement of those websites’ content, products, services or information. We are not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort incurred from directly or indirectly accessing third party websites from links on our site.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
For information about privacy, you can contact the Office of the Federal Privacy Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or via http://www.privacy.gov.au