For regular readers, you know, Christmas brings with it the famous BBF cycling quiz! It wouldn’t be Christmas without it.
Have a go at the questions below. They’re a little tricky but if you’re stuck, why not get the rest of the family to help?
THE ANNUAL BBF CHRISTMAS FAMILY BIKE QUIZ
1. What year did Kurt Osburn, the ‘Wheelie King’ set the world record for longest wheelie with a time of 11 hours?
2. The Trek Madone Butterfly (below) became the world’s most expensive bike after being ridden by Lance Armstrong in the 2009 Tour de France. How much did it sell for at auction?
a) $500,000 USD
b) $845,000 USD
c) $1,650,000 USD
3. Why was yellow chosen as the colour of the leader’s jersey in the Tour de France in 1919?
a) To honour a newspaper sponsor that printed on yellow paper
b) Yellow was decided to be the most visible and distinctive colour
c) The colour yellow was symbolic of honour and praise
4. According to research from the University of NSW, by how much do bike helmets reduce the risk of serious head injury?
5. What year was the first pedal-assist ebike (pedelec) first sold under the brand name ‘Dolphin’?
6. How long are the combined trails and jumps at Bare Creek Bike Park in Belrose?
7. Which new cycling event was first competed in at the 2008 Beijing Olympics?
c) Mountain biking
8. No French cyclist has won the Tour De France since Bernard Hinault in this year.
9. Which suburb is the Manly Dam trail located in?
a) Frenchs Forest
b) Manly Vale
10. What is the name of BBF’s new bike fitting program?
c) SafeFit Ride
I hope you and your family enjoyed these! I’ll post the answers on Monday.